Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hobby: Personal Challenge

Hello Folks,

I was playing a game yesterday with Jay the Host of 40k Warcasting, and one of our good friends came in talking about going to the tournament that the 11th Company is hosting! It is November 12-13th in South Carolina, which is about a 4 or 5 hour drive from here in Virginia. It is a 2,000 point NOVA open styled tournament with no painting requirement, which is great but if you have a painted army and do poorly then you can still win best general!

So with that being said, I told them I would have 2000 points of Dark Eldar ready to roll out fully painted with my paint scheme. They were very amused by my comment, so then I decided to make a personal goal for my army. There is about four months before the tournament, and so that leaves 16 weeks. I will be painting about 125 points of models a week, and getting a play test game in for that list. So we will see where it goes! And of course you the reader get to see my progress!

-Deryk

What kind of challenges have you made for yourself to get ready for an event or even just for the sense of accomplishment? Comment below and share your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
 

Hammer Strikes!